Gardeners of Greater Cleveland

 

VA Wade Park Spinal Cord Injury Unit Project

Raised Beds to Help Disabled Vets

Find us on Facebook!


Affiliation with Other Organizations:

The Gardeners of America/Men’s Garden Clubs of America


Central Great Lakes Region, Men’s Garden Clubs of America, a regional association of 16 garden clubs in Ohio, Indiana and Michigan


Cleveland Botanical Garden


For Information on News and Events go to our Calendar page.

For Information about the National Convention for The Gardeners of America/Men’s Garden Clubs of America and Great Lakes Region - Annual Summer Conference, got to our Calendar page using link above.

The Gardeners of Greater Cleveland was founded in 1932 as the Business Men’s Garden Club of Cleveland. In 1934, it joined the Garden Clubs of America.


Its first service project was to encourage planting of trees in the lawn along Euclid Avenue, at that time, Cleveland’s main street.  This commitment to serve the community has been a staple of the Club’s existence. 


Projects have ranged from developing gardens at the Cleveland Museum of Art and the Blossom Music Center in earlier years. In 2007-2008, the Club developed the Tranquility Garden at the Women’s Housing facility, and a similar garden at Joseph’s Home for disadvantaged men in 2008-2009.   In May 2014, the Project was the raised beds to help the Disabled Vets at the Wade Park Spinal Cord Injury Unit.


Gardeners of Greater Cleveland provide docents and volunteers at horticulture related shows and activities at institutions such as the Cleveland Botanical Garden, the City’s Rockefeller Greenhouse and Settler’s Landing.  The Club was an active participant in the formation of Cleveland’s Washington Park Horticultural Center.  It is an Affiliated Club of the Botanical Gardens.


In 2003, the Club initiated a student Internship Program offering financial help to local high school students interested in pursuing a horticulture-related career.  One or two students each year have been helped achieve their goals.


In 2007, the Club changed its name to Gardeners of Greater Cleveland to reflect that there have been women members and directors for many years.  The Club celebrated its 75th Anniversary at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens.

Club Members please be aware that the Eddy Road exit to Rt 90 is still under construction!

- Entrance to Eddy Road from Rt 90 West is now open.

- Exit from Eddy Road to Rt 90 East is now closed.

- To go East on Rt 90, turn right onto Lakeshore Blvd. as you exit from Bratenahl Place and proceed to the MLK exit.

Any Club Member that has photos of their garden that they would like to share

on the Club’s Facebook page, please send

digital images to Club Member, Jonny Prell.

The Club’s annual Holiday Party is Monday, December 8th at Bratenahl Place. 

The cost is $25.00.

Information will be available during the November Club Meeting.